Recent Posts

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Time of Thanksgiving & Christmas

Hey All!!

Ok so I think I confused EVERYONE last week :| Sorry. Transfers are Next tuesday but we get our transfer calls THIS saturday!!! At least they give us time to pack and whatever but we find out ealrier than the Elders because of the visitors center they need to know transfer calls so they can work out the schedule...

Well this last week was better than expected!! I got BOOTS in the mail!!! SOOOOOOO welcome and NEEDED!!! So been rather eventful week I would say. 
Monday we got free clothes at the thrift store. Someone paid for our $5 bag of clothes we are sad we were not able to fill it up more but its ok. Got a few cute skirts I hope I can make them practical and some are a bit big... anyway.


No pictures of Thanks giving, but it was a good day, very relaxed and layed back. We decided to only have 1 "dinner" at 2pm... yeah everyone has dinner early it seems. Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of that... But it was good, not very traditional though :) --> I'm not a huge fan of Turkey so I'm not complaining. WE just had Ham... Was good though!! And I have decided I love pumpkin pie!! And really can't get enough of it but I need to resist the temptation to eat it all. well we got a whole chocolate pie from another family which we have not made a dent in it yet. then we watched Ephraim rescue with a less active family!! SOOOOO good!!! if you can go watch it please do!! all about the pioneers! But I'm grateful that everyone is able to have this spirit of thanks giving and time that we can all think outwardly and not inwardly and it is just a preparatory event for Christmas.

Saturday we got our new JEEP!!! So exciting!! (Not what we expected but its pretty awesome and smells like a new car which is awesome!!!) Here is me in Co city getting it :) in my boots :P



Our one investigator is so great she told us that she only wanted to read 1 page per week and she ended up reading 1 per DAY!! So happy for her and then she invited us to the Christmas lights festival with her and her husband.


And His brothers house has music and Christmas lights choreographed It's crazy - also crazy to watch all the Christmas lights going up.



Zone Conference yesterday was AMAZING!!!

Elder Arnold of the 70 is really fired up about missionary work and gave us soooo much insight and I was truly inspired to know what we should do with our area. too bad transfers are happening next week... And they are not getting many missionaries in but we are losing quite a few missionaries. 

I would encourage all to read 3 Ne 11 (Doctrine of Christ) and the talk in the April confr "It's a Miracle"

STUDY it there is so much in that talk. I hope you can all find some encouragement and enthusiasm for the work!

I want you all to know that I love you! That I know this is the true church of Christ and that it is through HIM that we can be saved. I know that Jesus Christ died and suffered for me and for you. he knows us and wants us to return to him one day. But it does not take away our own personal responsibility to turn to HIM. And feel his love for us. 

I love this gospel!

All My Best,

Sister Karen Hollander
St. George, Utah Mission
107S. 1470E. Suite 304
St. George Utah 84790
United States


No comments:

Post a Comment