Recent Posts

Monday 7 July 2014

Crazy times in Huntington

Attention!! New mission mailing address:
881 South River Road, 
St. George, UT 84790
Please hold off on sending mail between 13 and 17 July :) Thanks btw for all the letters I have been recieving lately I really appreciate them! <3

Well the excitement of transfers and complications with my bank account has left me with no time for my general email.

So many things happened this week!! Like My companion had an emergancy appadectamy - in other words she got her appendix removed, this was on tuesday evening at 11:30pm. It was pretty scarry but it all worked out for the best. I wish I could tell you the events leading up to it - quite a dramatic story, but She is doing good now. It was amazing how we just told the right people about her symptoms and they said it was her appendix, and bobs your uncle they were RIGHT. We had to go up to Price to do the surgery and lucky for us serving in Utah, The surgen on call happened to be a Bishop in the Helper (near Price) stake, He had just come from a meeting and gave the surgery. It was pretty crazy, the member that helped us out was a true angel and she slept at the hospital with us too. Sister Phagwah only came out of the surgery at 1:30am because of her tiny body they struggled to wake her up, but by 4:30am she was awake and feeling good. She got discharged that same day and we spent most of the week at a members home who just happend to be the sister of the previous mission president. I feel like she is a second mom to us now, she took such great care of us!! And i was then also able to go out and teach apointments while sister Phagwah rested, but wow she just wanted to get up and teach, almost had to hold her down. haha. 

But it was a good week. had fun with the 4th of July celebration, went to the parade in the morning. And tracted a bit at the park (where all the people were) it was good. We even found a new investigator there! :) It was great!


Transfer Call: Sister Phagwah is going back down to St George. It will be ESP good for her recovery! And I will be staying in Huntington! And will be Training a NEW missionary and I know she is from Germany! I am really excited! Wish me luck!

All My Best,

Sister Karen Hollander
St. George, Utah Mission
881 South River Road,
St. George Utah 84790
United States

No comments:

Post a Comment